Meet The New Poppet Paper Doll – Posey

Poppet Posey in her School Clothes Logo So, here I am kicking off June with a new Poppet paper doll named Posey.

I’d originally intended to give all my Poppets flower names beginning with P; however, I find I am rather running out of them. The only other two I can think of are Pansy (which I would use, except for that fact that it’s a rather derogatory name for an effeminate man and I just don’t like the connotation) or Peony which I will use one day, but calling the Asian paper doll Peony seemed horribly stereotypical. So, this leaves me with Posey for our new paper doll.

Anyone know of any other P flower names? I suppose I could branch out (pardon the pun) into other P girl’s names or simply other flower names.

Full color Poppet Paper Doll clothes

{Download a PDF in Color} {View a 150 dpi PNG in Color}{Download a PDF to Color} {View a 150 dpi PNG to Color} {More Poppet Printable Paper Dolls}

Now, Posey’s outfit is based, very vaguely, on a some of the school uniforms I saw when I was studying in England, though it lacks the jacket. I drew the blouse first and I didn’t want to lose the sleeve detail by sticking it under a jacket.

Poor excuse, perhaps, but true none the less.

I confess that I’m not totally pleased with how the skin tone turned out… I recolored it at the last minute, because the other skin tone was horrible. Still, I don’t know how much I like it.

All in all, it’s really good to be back. :)

Tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Meet The New Poppet Paper Doll – Posey

1. DotRot says:

I don’t think any of these will do you much good, but it was fun looking.

Portulaca, Phacelia, Pink (or Pinky), Peace Lily, Passion flower. Periwinkle, Pichi, Poplar, Pussy willow

2. Crystal Rose says:

You could just do a search for flowers listed alphabetically. I like Petunia personally.

I love the name Petunia, though I’ve used it. The challenge of a flower search is that there’s always a lot of duds in the naming department.

3. Cassie says:

what about Poppy?

The trouble with Poppy is that I’ve used it. So far, I’ve used Poppy, Primrose and Petunia. I like all those names… but as I would like to make a few more base dolls, I fear I shall run out soon.

4. Heidi says:

Pimpernel? Poinsettia? Pasque flower? Pine? You could always go with fruits and vegetables and have Peach, Pepper, Pear or Pomegranate.

5. Amy says:

I have a lot of flower names. :)
    I think none of these were mentioned yet…
    Flowers:
    Pandorea, Paradisea (paradise lily), Patiens (actually impatiens I think, but I’ve often seen/heard them called patiens), Patrinia, Peas-blossom, Peregrina, Philodendron, Phlox, Plumeria, Podranea, Poison Ivy, Potentilla, Primula, Protea, Prunella (selfheal), Pyrola (wintergreen)

Trees that flower:
    Phoenix (date palm), Plum

Other Flower Words:
    Pistil (probably not usable since it sounds like a weapon), Perennial, Petal, Pollen

Other Plants:
    Papyrus, Parsley, Peppermint, Pine, Purslane

Names on BehindtheName:
    Patigul—Uyghur version of Fatimah with the suffix for rose
    Pushpa—flower in Sanskrit

I love flower names!

6. Melinda says:

It’s great to have you back, Rachel. I missed your Marisole Monday. Have you got one planned?

Of course. There was one that went up this morning. I wouldn’t neglect Marisole, but I wanted to post something on the first of the month to make up for being absent for two weeks.

7. Julie says:

Nice to have you back! I don’t have any flower names for you, but I do have a suggestion: Permelia. It’s one of the more unusual names in my family tree. It has a Latin origin & means sweetness. Can’t wait to see more paper dolls!

Permelia is a beautiful name. I’ll have to add it to my list of names to use for a paper doll. The Pixies go through the most names. And it’s really nice to be back. :)