Marisole Monday: Spikes and Pleats… In Pinks and Purples

I seriously feel like I should have saved this for Valentine’s Day, but I didn’t have anything else finished, so up it goes.

It’s not like I started with a plan for the obnoxious color scheme, but somehow the traditional black and red thing I do for punk clothing just wasn’t hitting the mark. So, pink, purple and black became the name of the game.

I sort of like it.

I do wish the fuzzy sweater looked… well… fuzzier. By the way, the neckline of that sweater is low and it’s meant to go over one of the corsets or other tops, otherwise she shows off more of her swimsuit than perhaps is decent for polite society.

So, I think I’ve mentioned my wacky formula for calculating the number of outfit combos a paper doll set contains before which is the number of tops multiplied by the number of bottoms and then by the number of shoes and then by the number of “jackets” plus 1. Now often the formula doesn’t work, because the pieces aren’t really totally interchangeable, but this is a rare set where I think everything really can go with everything else. The result is a total of 146 outfit combinations (not taking into consideration accessories) which is pretty remarkable.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Marisole Monday: Spikes and Pleats… In Pinks and Purples

1. Taylor says:

I love these paper dolls and I was looking around and exploring more than just Marisole Monday, and I was wonndering if you would consider making another At Hogwarts themed doll, just in Marisole.

I’m glad you’ve been enjoying exploring the site. At this time, I don’t have a Marisole at Hogwarts set planned, but I will put it on my list of requests. I generally think of Marisole as older than a Hogwarts student, but that’s just in my head.

2. B says:

This set’s pretty cool, though the shiny red dress is throwing me off a bit…

3. Marie Louise says:

I love those red boots! And I vote for a Hogwarts Marisole aswell. She could be a senior of 17, couldn’t she?

Wow, another vote for Hogwarts, huh? Interesting… it’s on the list. I promise. Though my next novel themed Marisole is going to be distinctly Barrayian. I owe someone a birthday gift.

4. Meredith says:

how did you come up with needing to add plus one to find the number of outfit combos?

I assume you’re referring to the calculation about jackets. Since a jacket doesn’t have to be worn, it can be included or excluded from the calculations. Therefore, the +1 takes into consideration the option of omitting the jacket or cape or other over garment.

My birthday is on May 17, and I vote senior Marisole at Hogwarts! :)