Marisole Monday: Gypsy Rose in Black and White

Thumbnail link image printable paper doll{Click Here for a PDF to Print} {Click Here for a PNG to Print} {Click Here for the rest of this series}

So… Yeah. I spent my weekend not working on paper dolls. I have many things sketched, but not many things any further along the process. The choice was between posting a black and white Marisole or posting a doodle.

I settled on the black and white Marisole, a version of the Gypsy Rose paper doll, because at least it’s a paper doll- even if its not in color. And I know I have some readers who really like to color. Late posts like this make me wonder about the point of keeping a schedule when I continually fail to keep it. Does it help people? Do people care?

I suppose it rather helps me in so much as it gives me times when I should have things done, but I’m not sure how helpful that really is.

I will have to give the matter more thought. I have been thinking a lot about the site’s structure and layout recently. And even wondering if a blog is the right format for what I want to do with this site in the future… Considerations, considerations. But that’s thoughts for another day, I think.

Tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Marisole Monday: Gypsy Rose in Black and White

1. Sara says:

Well, I do look forward to seeing a doll up on Monday night. I also look forward to Curves, but I can’t remember if that is Tuesday or Wednesday… Cause my Tuesdays are Wednesdays and my Wednesdays are Thursdays. I don’t check my paperdoll blogs until I get to work, so it’s nice to see something new up when I get here.

And darn the luck! Something awesome to colour on the night I don’t bring my coloured pencils! Go figure right?

2. Maaike says:

Thank you, my girls love these dolls !

3. Corissia says:

I’m glad you posted this in black and white. I loved the colors you chose, but I have a few things I’d like to experiment with for this doll myself. Now I can have both. :)

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about having scheduled posts myself. I find I don’t realize how long it’s been till I actually get around to posting. I think having a set day might put some extra incentive/pressure on myself. Then again my life can be unpredictable and planned things almost never work out when I want them to be. It’s a pickle.

It’s a mixed bag, having a set day. :) Were I to redo the blog completely again (as I had to back in Dec 2009 when I had database problems), I’m not sure if I would have such a strict schedule. However, I feel that since I’ve sort of started it and kept to it, I wouldn’t want people to be disappointed. The real question to ask myself right now is- Do I want to post “extra” things outside of the schedule? And that I haven’t decided on yet.

5. Barbra says:

PLZ make more black and white dolls!

You have a lot of company on that vote, Barbra, so I think I probably will be doing that soon. :) Until then, you can check out the black and white paper dolls link in the categories to see all the black and white paper dolls I have.

Love the beaded hair. :D