Fantasy Printable Paper Doll Set in Black & Purple

Inspiration for today’s printable paper doll includes the Victorian era, gothic fashion, fantasy gowns, and playing with ruffles. I have been practicing my ruffle drawing skills lately and I think I am improving. Maintaining my gothic inspiration, I gave today’s Marisole paper doll piercings and some red hair to set off that purple. (I don’t know how I feel about the skintone though. I’m not totally keen on giving Marisole fair skin.)

There were a few more pieces of clothing for this printable paper doll then could be easily fit on the page, so I lost the title and just sort of went for it. I intended the white dress to be a slip to be worn underneath the other costumes, but, of course, it could also be a sun dress. I’m not totally pleased with how the ruching turned out on the hem of it, but what can you do?

A fantasy printable paper doll set with a redheaded paper doll and several pieces of black and purple mix and match clothing options. Free to print from paperthinpersonas.com

{Click Here for a PDF to Print} {Click Here for a PNG to Print} {Click Here for the rest of this series}

This Marisole Paper Doll came out of the same doodle session as my Tokyo meets Georgia paper doll, though I finished the Tokyo meets Georgia one sooner. I tend to do a lot of thumbnail doodling and then those doodles become paper dolls, but sometimes not until weeks later. Paper doll creation is actually a very slow, multi-stepped process and I am nearly always working on several things at once. I mention all this, because sometimes I think people assume that it’s a “one set” at a time kinda gig when, in truth, I am usually working on five or seven or nine sets at one time and they get finished when I feel like it.

This is mostly because sometimes I feel like drawing, sometimes I feel like coloring and sometimes I feel like doing layout work. (Okay, I never “feel” like doing layout work, but it has gotta be done.)

Perhaps not a perfect system, but it works for me. 🙂

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Fantasy Printable Paper Doll Set in Black & Purple

1. EK Lei says:

I really like this one; its three of my favorite colors. 🙂

2. Marie Louise says:

Monday, I love you so! The haircolour is so pretty next to the purple and I especially like the shoulders on the cape.

3. Janani says:

I look forward to Mondays for Marisole! 🙂 The colors look great together, and I like her hair, too. It seems like a shame to hide the slip under other dresses, especially when you draw it. And I have a suggestion for your poll..
    If you want to do one where you have a few choices but you also want people to be able to add their own, you can do that on a Polldaddy poll. I use those sometimes in the sidebars of my blog. Just a suggestion. Again, I love this doll!

The slips largely evolved from my memories of playing with paper dolls as a child. When I was a kid, I always liked it when I could dress the paper dolls in layers, including underwear, like a real person would be dressed. Of course, it can also be a sundress or anything else if you are not into the idea of paper doll layering.

5. Sara says:

Thank you for losing the title and going for it! This is totally me! Red hair and purple! Thank you!

(too many exclaimation marks? lol)

6. The ensemble has a certain Goth feel to it…

7. Sara says:

Ahhhhhh where is Curves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/deathfromexclaimationmarkoverdose

8. Alexandra says:

I am in love with this mini-collection- I would like to pull the lavender-and-white dress right off my screen and hang it in my closet for the sunny days ahead.

9. janie says:

can u please make this in black and white to color

Probably not. Based on the age of the set and the amount of black, I don’t think doing an file extraction would be very successful. But I can check to see the status of the original digital files. I talk about some of the challenges of transforming my older paper dolls into black and white versions here: http://wp.me/ps5GH-2nh