Marisole Monday: Black and Purple Fantasy

There were a few more pieces of clothing for this paper doll then could be easily fit on the page, so I lost the title and just sort of went for it. I intended the white dress to be a slip to be worn underneath the other costumes, but, of course, it could also be a sun dress. This Marisole Paper Doll came out of the same doodle session as my Tokyo meets Georgia paper doll, though I finished the Tokyo meets Georgia one sooner. I tend to do a lot of thumbnail doodling and then those doodles become paper dolls, but sometimes not until weeks later.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Marisole Monday: Black and Purple Fantasy

1. EK Lei says:

I really like this one; its three of my favorite colors. :)

2. Marie Louise says:

Monday, I love you so! The haircolour is so pretty next to the purple and I especially like the shoulders on the cape.

3. Janani says:

I look forward to Mondays for Marisole! :) The colors look great together, and I like her hair, too. It seems like a shame to hide the slip under other dresses, especially when you draw it. And I have a suggestion for your poll..
    If you want to do one where you have a few choices but you also want people to be able to add their own, you can do that on a Polldaddy poll. I use those sometimes in the sidebars of my blog. Just a suggestion. Again, I love this doll!

The slips largely evolved from my memories of playing with paper dolls as a child. When I was a kid, I always liked it when I could dress the paper dolls in layers, including underwear, like a real person would be dressed. Of course, it can also be a sundress or anything else if you are not into the idea of paper doll layering.

5. Sara says:

Thank you for losing the title and going for it! This is totally me! Red hair and purple! Thank you!

(too many exclaimation marks? lol)

6. The ensemble has a certain Goth feel to it…

7. Sara says:

Ahhhhhh where is Curves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/deathfromexclaimationmarkoverdose

8. Alexandra says:

I am in love with this mini-collection- I would like to pull the lavender-and-white dress right off my screen and hang it in my closet for the sunny days ahead.