Curves: Under the Sea

Thumbnail link image printable paper doll {Click Here for a PDF to Print} {Click Here for a PNG to Print} {Click Here For the Rest of the Series}

Mermaids and I have a mixed relationship. On one hand, I really think they look pretty. On the other hand, I don’t think I can draw tails to save my life. The result is that I always think the idea of mermaids is great, but the reality usually doesn’t make me happy. But I think if you don’t try new things and stretch then you can not learn, so here we have me stretching.

Yes… that’s my excuse.

So, a new paper doll blog that was pointed out to me is Vee’s Paper Dolls which are darling and then on Monday, Liana linked Cutout Couture which has a fantastic name. I mean, I kinda think my blog title sounds like I either can’t properly pluralize my Latin or I have multiple personality disorder and paper dolling is my therapy (one of these is true… or both… you decide). I know I’ve gotten some requests to comment on other people’s work and I do try to comment on blogs when I can/when I remember, but I usually don’t remember to comment even when I do check out people’s blogs.

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Curves: Under the Sea

1. pandapix27 says:

ask me if you want me to give you the link to my paper doll blog,just ask!

2. Liana says:

Love it! ^^ She has great mermaidy hair.

I like drawing the tail part, myself But then when I get to the fin part I’ve usually expended most of my energy on the tail and the accessories. And you can tell, too ^^;;

3. Lizzy says:

Her hair is so long and pretty. I really really like the tail on the left. It’s neat.

4. Maggs1989 says:

Oh… New Curves. Neat. CUrves is TOTALLY my fav.

Panda Pix 27, I did link you already, I think. But you’re welcome to drop me an Email with your website address if I got it wrong. (I do sometimes).

Thanks, Liana and Lizzy, the hair was one of the more successful aspects of this Curves set I think.

I agree that fins are really hard. I wish I’d had some fish photos to reference while I was trying. I want to do a full color Marisole mermaid paper doll one of these days, but I haven’t gotten around to it. Someday.

6. Jonna Elmore says:

I like both tails and tops. Her hair is lovely. I really love the curve line. I though that Marisole set was nice and the colors were nicely vivid.

7. Chuck says:

Based on years of commercial fishing, we believe your tails are perfect; however, in all those years, we have never really caught a mermaid. So, who really knows?