Florals & Stripes & Ruffles in Full Color

Thumbnail of the printable paper doll clothes Yesterday, I posted this one in black and white. Today, she’s going up in color. I’m not sure if I like doing this whole… one day black and white next day color thing. It sort of defeats the point of being able to reduce workload. I might start spacing them out a week, depending on how things seems to work out as I get into the crazier time of the year for me.

I went back and forth and back and forth about so much with this paper dolls color scheme. I wanted her to be stylish, but not overtly girly. I couldn’t decide between pinks and blues and then I originally conceived of the blouse as being burnt orange with teal flowers. Yeah… that wasn’t my greatest idea ever.

In the end, I settled on a color scheme that was cheerful (which I think we need on these grey days of winter) and mix and matched pretty well, though not as perfectly as some of my other paper dolls have done. There’s really only nine outfit options here, and I think I’d like to do more, but the dolls are fairly large and that limits how much clothing I can fit on a page with them. I have been thinking about doing some sets that are “clothing only” as I have always liked clothes more than dolls, but I don’t want to disappoint people who feel otherwise.

Paper doll outfits or dolls? That’s always the most complicated of questions, isn’t it?

Full color Popper Paper Doll
{Download a PDF of this paper doll to Color} {View a 150 dpi PNG of this Paper Doll to Color} {More Bodacious and Buxom Printable Paper Dolls}

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Florals & Stripes & Ruffles in Full Color

1. Maggie says:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I really like the clothing more than the dolls. I tend to pick out two or three dolls that I really like and then they get all the clothes. Sorry other dolls.

2. Heidi says:

I’m always more of a fan of the clothes than the dolls too.

3. Corianna K says:

I’m going to come down on the “other side” of this debate and say that I am more of a fan of dolls. I love lots of clothes too, but I want a bunch of different pretty models to put them onto.

That’s interesting Corianna. Most people I know are more into the clothing than the dolls. So, I’m fascinated to hear from someone on “the other side” so to speak. :)

4. B says:

I’m with Maggie and Heidi on this one. I tend to pick my favorite dolls and give them all the clothes.

Well, that as certainly what I did as a kid, so I guess I can’t be surprised. I always had a few favorites and then they got all the good clothes.

5. Tasha says:

Personally, I like the clothes better, but I also like how each paper doll you post is one sot of “set” and I think that’s really neat. I appreciate the ability to print out the sets a give them to my grandkids to play with. So, I guess I’d say I like dolls and clothes equally.

My sister and I like some of the hairstyles on some of the dolls but not the dolls, so we had the idea that we would draw tabs on the hair, then cut it off of the doll and then use it on other dolls. (It was my sisters idea really….) :)

7. Jazz13 says: