Pixie & Puck: Astronaut Paper Dolls… Color & Black and White

{Click Here for a PDF of Emily in Color} {Click Here for a 150 dpi PNG of Emily in Color}{Click Here for a PDF of Emily in Black and White} {Click Here for a 150 dpi PNG of Emily in Black and White}

Disclaimer: I know NOTHING about astronauts.

However, I got an email from a young reader named Emily who wrote:

…would you please consider to draw astronaut paper dolls because when I get to grow up I’m going to be an astronaut scientist.

In the words of one of the college students I work with, “You go girl!”

I have named the paper doll Emily for reader who requested her. Emily comes complete with a graphing calculator, space suit, lab coat, safety goggles and a rocket t-shirt. Who doesn’t need that? Emily has short hair so that her space helmet fits properly. I realized after I drew it that the boots should probably not be separate, but it was already colored by the time this occurred to me. I didn’t put a flag on her space suit, because I know I have a lot of international readers, but feel free to add your own.

Personally, I rather like the flag of Yap an island in the Federated States of Micronesia. Now, I’ve never been to Yap, but it’s fun to say and they speak a language called Yapese, which sounds pretty cool to me. (Okay, most of them speak English, but Yapese sounds a lot cooler than English…)

Happy Slightly Belated Birthday, Emily and Enjoy the paper dolls!

Now, I just need to do the cowgirl set people keep asking for… I wish I knew how to draw a cowboy hat… or that I didn’t find horses kinda creepy…

Thoughts? Questions? Ideas about Space? Drop me a comment.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Pixie & Puck: Astronaut Paper Dolls… Color & Black and White

1. B says:

Yapese is a lot more fun to say than English.

But why does she have a set of heels in the black and white copy, but sneakers in the color?

Because I’m a space cadet?

Honestly, I drew both for the paper doll, but then they both wouldn’t fit, so I had to decide which one to use. I asked a scientist friend and she told me that no scientist would wear high heels in the lab (too dangerous with the chemicals and the tripping and the glass stuff), so I switched out the heels for sneakers and I guess I forgot to correct the black and white version. Opps.

2. Ivy says:

yapenese sounds cool… when ever we complain at home my mom always says that she does not speak Wineses.

3. Ivy says:

do you have any fairytale flocks planed for the future?

4. Elizabeth says:

Sometime you should make a paper doll of a famous singer like Avril Lavigne or Ke$ha or something like that

5. Elizabeth says:

You should make a swimmer paper doll! She could have her hair in a high bun and get swimming goggles!