Marisole Monday: Spring has Sprung

Yay, it’s a printable paper doll.

I promised myself I wouldn’t spend this post whining about everything i have been trying to get done or making excuses. I had this last week off for spring break and I did get some stuff done, so I can’t be all unhappy about it. I don’t seem to be getting as much done I had hoped, but perhaps I have less then realistic expectations of myself.

Today’s Marisole recycles a few things I’ve done before such as the shoes and the sewing machine. I really wanted to have a sewing machine for the paper Marisoles as well as the magnetic ones and I am just pleased that it came out well. The grey shoes are recolored from the set I drew for my Mother’s quilting retreat and the other shoes were drawn at the same time, but not used because she thought the heels were too high. I personally think high heels are fun.

I can’t decide how I feel about the patterned shirts in this set. I like them, but I’m not sure how much I like them… I was trying to do more patterns, but I’m not sure I should have. I really don’t like the black background that seems to happen when my pictures open in a new window… is it just me or do other people see it too? And does it annoy you all as much as it annoys me?

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Marisole Monday: Spring has Sprung

1. Ana says:

my becomes a light grey or white, which i really like because it doesn’t distract from what I’m looking at

Yes, it may just be my version of firefox… more experimentation is needed. :)

3. Keegan says:

It’s the newest version of firefox – mine turns black. Internet explorer, as of yet, doesn’t have the damned black screen :D
    Lovely dolls, as usual!

Thanks Keegan. I’m rather pleased with her. Yeah, I don’t like it myself, but I think you’re right. It doesn’t seem to mess up printing the PNG’s though which is the important part- even if I find the black backgrounds less then ideal.

5. Monica says:

Chrome has the white background. She looks great! I really like her hair it goes very nicely with her skin tone. ;)

i get the black background ~ it may be intentional on Firefox as displaying an image with all white space sucks a good deal more energy than black space (so, in a weird way, it’s more energy efficient with the black even if it’s not aesthetically ideal).

but more importantly, i love the patterns on the clothes ~ patterns are definitely a challenge for me. and i don’t remember the sewing machine from before, but i definitely dig it muchly! i do remember the shoes, but that’s because your shoes are the awesomest! very cool!

7. Toria says:

Lovely! I really like the patterns on the shirts (and I love the sewing machine!)

8. Corissia says:

Welcome back! Life has a tendency to get in the way of paper dolls. I do most of my art last minute and pressured to get it done.

I have the black background too, I dislike it, but assumed it was a scenario like the one “boots” suggested. I can’t really complain about a longer life for my battery, even if the look isn’t what I’m used to.

That dress is adorable. The kind of thing I’d love to wear, but am too short to pull of without looking childlike. The sewing accessories are pretty cool too.

9. Erin says:

I absolutley love the Marisole paper dolls. It would be awesome though if they had some male friends.

Her sewing stuff is sooooo cool.