Marisole Monday: Knights and Ladies

Thumbnail link image {Click Here for a PDF to Print} {Click Here for a PNG to Print} {Click Here for the rest of this series}

I threw this together on Saturday when I realized I didn’t have a Marisole for Monday. It’s not my best work, but I do love the sleeves on the red dress. I’m working on my ruching (sp?) since I got some books on drawing fashion from the library. So, you can expect to see more of it as I practice. I’m also practicing shiny fabric. Neither has come easily as I thought it would.

I’m trying to stretch myself.

Part of that means trying to draw an actual male who looks like a male rather then like a rather unconvincing woman in drag. The upside is there might be a male paper doll someday. The downside is that that male paper doll might look like a woman in drag. We shall see.

Tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Marisole Monday: Knights and Ladies

1. Lindsey says:

Very nice. :)

2. Sara says:

All I can say is that it’s a darned good thing that poll is multiple choice…. I picked the two fantasies, and whatever you feel like. See, I love medaeval type dresses, and I have a thing for those fantasy punks, but I love being surprised by what you draw. It’s just lovely =)

Once again, I want all these dresses for myself =O

Yeah, I made it multiple choice since I figured people might want to be able to pick more then one. I’m mostly curious what wins, but I already kinda had a guess what would win before I even put it up. We’ll see if I’m right or not next Monday when it’s done. :)

4. Lily says:

It is very nice. I do want to see some fantasy-ish stuff, though. I want to know what you come up with!

5. Eve Sanchez says:

I love paper dolls! I used to play with them when I was a little girl! I had been looking for them for a while, I didnt like most of them but yours are very pretty! Thank you for sharing!

6. Monica says:

I like the sleeves too!!

Hey– I’m always on the lookout for more fashion books. Do you still have the titles of those? What fashion books to you usually use?